Saturday, May 2, 2009

So Long Young Women (for now)

Well, last Sunday I was released from Young Women. I have been in YW for about five years now, some in my old ward, and some in my current ward. I always thought that when I would be released, I would be totally devastated! Well, as most of you know, Casey is the Young Men’s president in our ward, and I’m the YW president in our ward, so we thought that a change may be coming because we would be VERY busy in those callings, and having a baby. At the same time, we would have not been surprised to remain in the same callings, because our ward does not have an abundance of people without callings. My first Sunday back after having Stella , my Bishop called me into his office to release me, and I didin’t even cry!! It was crazy!! The spirit testified to me and comforted me to know that this was the right time to be released. I am going to miss everyone in YW so much, but I also feel relieved to not have so much on my plate. Now I can concentrate on my callings within my family more. Since being released, I have been taking some walks down memory lane. I know Heavenly Father called me to YW for many reasons. One of the major reasons I feel is that because I was SOOOOO wanting to be a mommy, and couldn’t, so Heavenly Father gave me my yw to get my mothering out on them! Hehe Here is a pic of when I first was called into YW in Rincon, Georgia, and this is my YW group in my current ward. The size difference is HUGE, but the feeling is the same. The bond that I feel with these girls, and the other leaders that I have served with is an amazing bond that I feel will remain forever. How much I have learned, and how grateful I am for my opportunities to serve in the Church. Now on to raising my precious new little young woman!


2 comments:

I am LoW said...

Wow- has our YW group changed!!

That's awesome that you were prepared and comforted. That must make a HUGE difference!! :)

yaya said...

I know you were awesome in your calling just because I know you! You are just soooo sweet, those yw were lucky to have you! Have fun at home with Stella.