Friday, May 15, 2009

Time Out for Women

This past weekend was AWESOME because Stella & I went to Time Out for Women on Friday and Saturday in Columbia. My dear friend, Rachel, bought the tickets for me. That was SO SWEET of her because they are not cheap! A whole bunch of us from our ward (and a few from other wards) were there. I drove down with Stella, and one of my previous young women, Cynthia. She was such a great help with Stella! I was nervous about being gone for so long without Casey, but my friends were so helpful! We arrived Friday evening. We listened to music and words from Kenneth Cope & Michael McLean. An LDS photographer, Mark Mabry, spoke, as well. He was a great speaker! The Spirit was very strong! They had a very nice mother’s lounge, which I spent most of my time in with Stella. It was great because I could hear the talks in there, and there were a bunch of other moms in there also. After the Friday session, Rachel, Cynthia, Becca, Bethany, Stella, and I went to eat at Ruby Tuesdays. Yummy! We then went to the hotel, and talked a little. Then it was time for bed. Our hotel room was fabulous! Rachel got us a suite!! What a coincidence, because she is sweet, too! Haha! Get it? Anyway, Saturday morning we ate a super good breakfast buffet, and then headed off to TOFW. We listened to words and music from a bunch of LDS speakers & musicians. It was so uplifting and edifying! Guess what! Stella and I met Kenneth Cope! Not only that, but he totally kissed Stella on her hand and head!! Oh my heck! What a super surprise! He is such a sweet man! It was very nice to spend time with my friends, and to have mommy & daughter time with my Stella. Here are some pics of the weekend! (Thanks Linda for the pictures!)

0 comments: