Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Weight Loss Challenge

O.k., so I know you all have noticed that I have put on quite a bit of weight. I attribute this to three things. Firstly, the relationship between food and me has “issues,” let’s just say. Secondly, I was on fertility medication before I got pregnant, which assisted me in gaining 30 pounds. Thirdly, I got pregnant! Yay! I would just like to say how blessed I am to have been pregnant with my sweet little girl, and I hope the Lord blesses us with more sweet little spirits. Putting on the weight due to pregnancy is SOOO worth it! That being said, it's time to get it off! I am challenging myself to lose 80 pounds. I put on a little more than 50 during my pregnancy that I hope to take off, and then I hope to lose 30 more than that. I won’t be at my ideal weight, but that’s o.k. I’m setting a somewhat realistic goal, and if I achieve that, I will continue to work towards my ideal weight, BUT I HOPE to be preggers again soon after I achieve my goal! The good thing is that I already got about 30 pounds off, so technically I have 50 more pounds to go. I will keep you updated on my progress!

5 comments:

I am LoW said...

My excuse is that food tastes really good. :)

Sarah and Whitley said...

Christina,
It's great that you have set this goal for yourself, but remember it took nine months to get that way. I just got back to my pre-baby weight in February (Whitley was 13 months old), so it goes on easier than it comes off. Good Luck!

yaya said...

You go girl! You can do it...Think how fast you'll be able to run after Stella when she starts to walk! But, I think you're beautiful now!

lindaharper said...

Just wait until you start chasing after little Stella, that will help with the weight. Remember taking it off takes time but you are determined! I'll cheer you on.
Linda

Laura said...

I hear ya with the whole baby weight thing. I am still working on mine.