Friday, January 30, 2009

My 28 Week Appointment

Well, this appointment went much better than the last one! Yeah! Although, I did have to get my blood drawn through my hand! I knew my veins were hard to find, but I have never had it drawn through my hand. It really wasn’t bad, though. My midwife said that my weight is better! I guess two weeks ago, I was measuring two weeks ahead, but now I am back on track. I just have to continue watching what I eat! Stella’s heartbeat was so strong that my midwife had me hold the fetal doppler to feel how her heartbeat was vibrating it. It was awesome. After my midwife was done, it was time for the Rhogam test. I thought it was going to be given in my arm, but it wasn’t! And you know when they say, "Oh, we’re going to give this to you in your hip," you know it’s not really your hip, it’s your bum! Luckily, I have a lot of meat there, so it wasn’t too bad. I had to wait about 15 minutes to make sure I didn’t have an allergic reaction, and then I was done! My next appointment is February 13. I don’t think I will have any thing major going on at that appointment, just a regular checkup! You know what? Women are really strong!

1 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

what kind of crazy test are they doing on you? I've NEVER had that done! what's it for??