We had a great New Year’s celebration this year! Traditionally we go to a youth New Year’s dance to ring in the New Year, and that is what we did again! Casey and I were evaluating 2008, and we have decided on a couple things. We were kind of glad to see 2008 go with the financial situation, and the difficulties that occurred in the world in 2008. At the same time, we were sad to see 2008 go because of the rich blessings the Lord has bestowed upon us this year, including, of course, our miracle baby, my graduation, Casey’s advancement in his career, spending time with family & friends, one more year to spend with each other, and to serve the Lord. All in all, we are so blessed to have experienced what we had in 2008, but we are excited for what’s to come in 2009. Some of our goals for 2009 are to bring Stella into this world in a healthy manner, to be the best parents to her that we can be, to grow together more as a couple, Casey is going for some certifications for work (and I am so proud of him), and I am hoping to pass the other half of my interpreting certification (although I feel that I am going to have to take the test 5,000 times before doing so!) hehe We also plan on doubling our food storage and trying to get closer to being completely debt free.We realized when we look back at the year, that we didn’t strike it rich this year(and probably never will,) but we are SO unbelievably rich with blessings. It’s the simple things that are important:
"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."-- Laura Ingalls Wilder
Here are some pictures of the dance!
"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."-- Laura Ingalls Wilder
Here are some pictures of the dance!



1 comments:
Okay girl, I want to see the pictures from this past weekend. :)
Post a Comment