skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I can not even believe it! Casey and I have now been married for SIX years! We were talking about this and agreed that it feels like we were just married yesterday, but at the same time it feels like we have been married forever because we can not imagine life without each other! We met in 2001 when I was 18, and he was 24. We were at a Church Halloween dance. I was in college and poor, so I had to come up with a costume that was cheap. Of course, I came up with what everyone else would have come up with…garbage! I put a black plastic garbage bag on with Twinkie wrappers, napkins, etc. I went to the dance with friends and with my boyfriend at the time, who was not Casey. My friend said that Casey was new, so I went up to talk to him and introduce myself. We hit it off! Casey tried to dance with me, but I guess my boyfriend cut in front of him when he tried. There were costume contests that night, and somehow I won many of them. I later found out that Casey submitted my name multiple times for the different categories of costumes. I was also in a pie eating contest that night, so that must have been as attractive as my costume! Well, after that dance, my boyfriend and I broke up. I saw Casey at another activity the next month and I ASKED HIM for his email address. The picture above is of our first “official” date! Well, 14 months later, we were married! I love that boy! He is my most favorite person! I thank Heavenly Father everyday for blessing me with such an incredible husband. How blessed Stella is for having such a wonderful daddy. He is the sweetest, most Christ-like person I know. I am grateful beyond words that I have the opportunity to spend eternity with my best friend.
3 comments:
Awww, Happy Aniversary you guys! I hope you had a good one!
The picture of your first day is hilarious; what exactly were the two of you doing?
oh you two are so stinking cute together. i am glad you found one another. Casey is a good catch, as are you for him!! :) Happy Anniversary!!!
Post a Comment