Thursday, January 1, 2009

Baby Stella at 23 Weeks

This week I am 23 weeks preggers, and baby Stella is 21 weeks old! She now weighs a little over a pound. At the ultrasound, the technician said that she weighed 1.2 pounds, so she is right on track with her growth. Stella is about 8 inches long, from crown-to-rump, or the size of a small doll. I was reading about something called, “couvade”. It was so interesting especially because I think Casey is experiencing it. It is the name that describes when a man experiences pregnancy symptoms. 50% of all fathers-to-be experience it, so Casey is not abnormal! He has had a lot of nausea, and weight gain like me! Crazy, huh?! Another interesting fact I learned this week is concerning sodium. I am continuously trying to focus my energies on lowering my sodium intake. I learned that some foods you wouldn’t think have a lot of sodium in them, do! For example, you would think that a Big Mac and maybe even a pickle might have a lot of sodium, right? Those are a given. Well, asparagus has 970 mg of sodium and lima beans have 1070 mg of sodium, too!! That is SO surprising to me!!
I will soon be at 6 months, and as I always say, it is going by fast, although, I sometimes think that I can not wait until April to meet her! I can wait, though, because I want her to be healthy, of course. The song that is first on our blog now, “A New Day” brings back a lot of memories. I remember before I even got married singing that song because at that point (I was 19) I thought I waited a long time to meet my kids! I sure had no idea that I would have to fight to have them! I never thought I would have to wait 6 more years to have chidren. Sometimes I feel that I was born to be a mother. Even before I wanted to get married, I wanted to have kids! Hehe Well, one thing is for sure, now I really know what that song means! I waited for so long, and when I found out I was pregnant, a new day begun, meaning a whole new life begun for us! Casey and I both can’t believe that the Lord has blessed us with our little angel. There were a lot of dark times, but now there is light in those places in our lives. One thing is for sure, Heavenly Father’s plan is perfect, and I am forever grateful for it.

0 comments: