Thursday, January 22, 2009

My 26 Week Appointment

This past Friday I had my 26 week appointment. There were positive and negatives to it. O.k., positives first… I had to take the dreaded glucose test, which actually went really well. The orange pop-like drink was kind of yummy. I know that’s weird. My midwife said that she would drink it everyday if she could because she likes it so much! Well, I had to wait an hour, and my blood sugar was fine! Yeah! I am also measuring well. O.k., now to the not-so-positive parts…well, my midwife came in the exam room and said, “Girl! What happened to your weight?!” I guess I was doing good until this month. She said that the holidays must have been really good to me, which they were! I didn’t have an appetite, and then I went to Ohio, and all of a sudden food looked good to me again! She said that the amount of weight that I put on itself was not too bad, but that I put that on in one month was the problem! I know that I have not been eating the best, so I have been improving my diet, and hopefully my next appointment will be better. Also, I had another hemoglobin test, and my iron was low, so I have to take OTC iron supplements. It worried me a little bit, but I know a lot of pregnant women have to do the same. I have my next appointment on the 30th, when I will have the Rhogam test. We’re moving right along!

3 comments:

Danni said...

I'm glad to hear things are going well, I check your blog frequently because I feel like we never see each other anymore at church! The iron supplements stink, but trust me, so worth it, I only wish they caught that for me in time!

Richard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie Maseda said...

Yeah, I have to take iron pills too; other than being the size of horse pills, there not bad. :)