Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby Stella at 26 Weeks

I am at 26 weeks now which means that Stella is 24 weeks old! She weighs about 2 pounds now, and is about 9 ¼ inches, crown-to-rump. She is now starting to put on some weight, and I am, too! Lol! I learned that now that I am in the second half of my pregnancy, I will grow ½ inch each week! Wow! I think that I still have a lot of growing to do, which is kind of scary, but it is way awesome to think that I am growing because she is growing! Now baby Stella has distinct sleeping and waking cycles that I am trying to pay attention to. I have noticed that she usually wakes up about 7:00am. I’m sure that will change though. Also, all five of her little baby senses are developed. A fun fact that I learned was something that Casey has known all along. Whenever I get sick to my stomach, Casey tells me to lay on my left side. I have never understood why, but I do know that it works! Well, now I learn that laying on my left side provides the best circulation for the baby and me. It may help swelling to not be as bad, as well. That Casey is a smartie!

0 comments: