Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Belly at Six Months

Here I am at six months! I am not too comfortable anymore. It’s like I hit 6 months, and automatically became uncomfortable. At this point, Stella weighs about 1 ½ pounds. Her crown-to-rump length is about 8 ½ inches. People are starting to say that I really do look pregnant now. I like hearing that. I do feel less and less attractive, but I think that’s normal. Stella is still kicking, but I feel that she is not kicking as much. It might be that I am getting more used to it. Sometimes I get nervous, but we have an at-home fetal doppler that I use to hear her heartbeat every now and then. Our house is slowly but surely getting ready for her. Her closet is getting full. We are getting toys and books ready. We are beginning to get organized. Our house provides a very tiny amount of storage, so we are throwing out a lot. It’s a good thing. When I get my first pay check for this semester, we will buy the paint for her nursery. I’m in charge of taping everything, which I think may be the most difficult part because we are doing stripes in her room, but Casey is painting it, so I’m not going to complain! I have been updating the baby registry since Christmas because we got a lot for her from our loved ones. We are SO BLESSED!! We still need a lot, and sometimes I fear that she is going to have to sleep in a box, but I breath, and stop the panicking. Stacy (Casey’s twinner) gave me a body pillow when we visited them. I named him Casey II. :)hehe I love it!! It has helped me SO MUCH with sleep! Now my sleeping is almost back to normal! Thanks Stacy! Casey commented the other day that I forgot how to walk because I wobble sometimes, but it’s because my back hurts! I am trying not to walk as “pregnantly” but I think I’m just going to have to forget trying that. Also, I have noticed that some parts of my belly have become kind of numb. I don’t know if that is normal, or not, but I’m not really worried about it. I love Stella more and more each second of the day. We can’t wait to kiss the heck out of her in April!

2 comments:

The Davies Family said...

I feel your pain! hahahaha

The Neales said...

body pillows are GREAT! Your such a cute prego lady! Stella is sure to be good looking! : )