Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My 22 Week Appointment and Ultrasound

My 22 week appointment went very well! It was a way busy day because I had scheduled my appointment in the morning with my ultrasound in the afternoon. It worked good for me, but bad for Casey’ s work schedule, so he wasn’t able to make it to the ultrasound. I will plan better next time! The appointment was at 10:00. It was the first time that Casey saw the hospital where I will deliver. He really liked it! All of the routine checks (i.e. blood pressure, weight, etc.) were normal. I measured good, and Stella’s heartbeat sounded great. Yeah! My midwife told me that the next appointment I will be having the infamous diabetes test. I have heard that it is not fun, but I know it's important. After the next appointment, it will be time to go to see her every two weeks because I will be in my last trimester. Holy moly!! Already?! It’s so exciting! At 1:15, I had an ultrasound, to check out a few things before I had the OK to have a natural childbirth. Everything looked great. Wow!! How blessed we are. It was soo cute to see Stella again. It was different this time because whenever I saw her move on screen, I could feel it! It was so cool. I also asked the technician to check if Stella was still a girl! She said, “Oh yeah, it’s a girl…100%!” What a relief. It’s good to double check. Here are the pics of cutie. Again, I'm sure she will be very happy later in life when she finds out that her business was shown to everyone, but we don't have to worry about that right now. Notice in the last picture she is waving, "Hello!" I may be biased, but isn't that just adorable?!!





























1 comments:

Carrie Maseda said...

The glucose test isn't bad at all; the drink they give you is super sweet (like really flat soda to me), and as long as you look away the blood drawing isn't bad at all either. You are a trooper; I think you will do great!