This past weekend, we went back to Ohio for two baby showers! It was so nice to see everyone! The only poo poo thing that happened was that on the way up, our alternator died in our truck at about 4:00am. We were in southern Ohio, which was about three hours from our destination, my home town, Champion. O.k., might I remind you that Ohio is FLIPPING FREEZING during this time of year, and I’m seven months pregnant! Luckily we made it to a warm and clean rest area. It was miraculous finding one with both of those qualities! Anyway, we let our parents know what was going on, and then we waited there for about an hour while the car charged a little bit. We used the GPS on our phones to find the nearest auto parts store. It was eight miles down the road in Cambridge, Ohio. While we were waiting, I did some of my exercises. We also quizzed each other on an Ohio map and trivia. By the way, EIGHT presidents are from Ohio! Wowy wow wow! After we took a visit to the vending machines, we got in the truck, and were on our way. Right as we got started we knew we were losing energy fast because the lights kept getting lower and lower. It was kind of creepy! Anyway, we were flying through this little town and miraculously found the Napa Auto Parts store. What a miracle. The car didn’t exactly make it into the parking lot. It was ½ way in the road, which looking back, was kind of funny! Luckily, it was a one way side street. Casey was able to push it out of the road, and after the truck charged a bit, we were able to pull it into a parking spot. Then we waited with a bunch of coats and pillows on us until 7:30, when the store opened. I fell asleep, and then it was time for the store to open. We went in and got the alternator. I stayed in the store, and Casey went to work on it. The people at the store let him use their tools and towards the end a deaf man who worked there helped Casey finish everything up. Casey came in and told me to come out to meet this cute little old deaf man, but it was so freezing that I only could stay out there for , like, one minute. I don’t know how Casey did it! It was seriously, like, 0 degrees outside. The employees of the store let me hang out in their office on a nice chair. They were SOO awesome to us!! Thank the dear Lord, everything worked out, and we were on our way. We got to Champion at about 11:00am, and napped. I was able to sleep some on the way there, but Casey wasn’t able to sleep a wink because he was driving the whole time. Bless his heart. After the nap, we got ready for the shower that my family was throwing for us. It was AWESOME!! I saw so many people there that I haven’t seen in forever. It was so wonderful to see so many people supporting us. We are so blessed! My parents put on that shower, and my mom was soooo cute!!!!!! My little sister, aunt, and cousins helped, too. I love them. The guests made a memory book for Stella and me. The guests played another game, seeing who knew Casey and me best. We then ate, and I opened presents. Wow, we got so much!!! Thanks everyone for everything, especially my family. On Saturday, we started out for Ashland (Casey’s hometown) where his family was putting on a shower for us. It was AWESOME, too! Sandy (Casey’s mom) was so cute, too! I had to wear a cowgirl hat, and sing Casey's & my song. It was so embarrassing, but super fun! My niece also sang a song, “Thank Heaven for Little Girls.” She did a wonderful job! We played a memorization game, and bingo. We ate, and opened presents, too. Again, we were so blessed. Thanks everyone, especially our family. We are just awe-inspired by the love and support we have & continue to receive from others, especially to welcome our little girl into the world. We will never forget what you have done for us, and are so grateful for each one of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Wonderful pictures. . . glad you had a great time. You look so cute being pregnant!
Post a Comment