Friday, February 13, 2009

Our Birthing Classes

Last Monday, we started our birthing classes! They are awesome! I was expecting them to be in, like, a gym or something, but they are actually at a birthing center! If any of you have ever been in a birthing center, it’s like a house. It is way comfortable! I also thought that there would be a lot of other couples there, but there are only two other couples in the class with us, so that’s nice, too. Last week we had an introduction to the class and started learning some vocabulary. We also learned the exercises that we are to do everyday. Some of them I do by myself, and some of them, Casey helps me with. We also did a relaxation exercise, which we are supposed do every night at home. Casey is in charge of that. I LOVE the relaxation exercises because I feel like I am being pampered. This week we had a great discussion. We talked about a lot of our worries and concerns. We then talked about breastfeeding. It was great. We learned more vocabulary, which we will do every week. I am learning TONS!! We will have 10 more classes. Birthing classes are a real bonding experience for Casey and me, too!

0 comments: