Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Fair

We went to the Upstate South Carolina State Fair a few weekends ago. We haven’t been to a fair for probably about six years when we lived in Georgia, so this was Stella’s first time going to one. She had such a great time! I think her two favorite parts were the animals and the rides. There were not many animals (compared to Ohio fairs,) but Stella talked to them and wanted to pet them all. This was Stella’s first time riding rides by herself. Actually, I think it was his first time riding a ride all together. Casey is not a fan of heights, but I have never seen him freak out like he did when Stella went on a ride that lifted her high in the air in a pretend bus. To me she was perfectly safe, so it was especially hilarious to see him freak because if you know Casey he is calm 99.9% of the time. Stella wasn’t scared at all; she just kept waving to us!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, that looks like fun! Travis isn't a fan of heights either. :)Have y'all been to the state fair in Columbia? They have tons of animals and an elephant ride and pig race and stuff.

This one looked like fun, though! Did they have yummy, greasy food? :)

Stacy said...

I would have loved to see Casey freak out...hmm, bet that was funny.

We just got done with fair last week. It was fun too, but my kids just don't get excited like they used to. As a teen, once you've seen a cow, it's just a cow...
Oh well. I'm glad Stella is still enjoying them.