
Stella started swim lessons up again this month. It was the first time she's had lessons without me in the water. She's getting so big! She has always loved swimming, but this time around she starts to get out before the lessons are over. The lessons are 45 minutes long, and I think that may be too long for her. She usually starts getting fussy or crying after 30 minutes. It was very surprising to me the first time she did that because I usually have to make her get out of the water. Also, she has been good at just about every activity she has been involved in thus far, so for her to not excel as much was kind of hard for me to accept for a few days, but then I got over it. She will like things and dislike things; she will be good and not so good at things. Some things just don't really matter. I just want her to enjoy herself, so when she's done with the lesson we just sit and watch. I don't sweat it. I have learned much about parenting during this month of swim lessons! She's going to take a little break from swimming, and then we'll start lessons back up in May. She is progressing though! She has stopped using a floaty belt and now only uses a noodle!
4 comments:
It could be totally unrelated to swimming...and might just be too much with the new baby coming? I wouldn't wait until May though...I'
d wait until Feb/March so she's ready for lots of swimming in May? Good luck with everything. I can't believe how much HAIR she has now...SO CUTE!!!
Way to go Stella! She is getting so big!!
The hardest lesson in parenting is letting them learn. To watch them endure pain of any kind...it makes it easier to understand the gift Heavenly Father gave us with His child.
Love ya!
Buddy I am so sorry..I must've been out of it when I was reading your post.Next time I will make sure I am fully alert before making a comment.I am sure it will get better.I have struggled a lot with swimming myself,but can do a lot of other things well.She is still little.Only time will tell..btw 45 min would be a long time for a little one especially Stella's age to keep an attention span.Love ya and I am so sorry!
Post a Comment