I had the fantabulous opportunity to go see a Gladys Knight fireside (concert) last week in Columbia. It was AWESOME! I’ve never seen anything like it before!! She brought her choir, Saints Unified Voices. The music was awesome! She bore testimony, and she was way funny, too! I went with some of my friends to the 5:30pm session. There was also an 8:15pm session that I heard was pretty packed, too. There were tons of people there!! We had to wait in line to get in. By the end of the night I had cankles, but it was worth it to see and hear the fireside. I felt very grateful to have the chance to do so. Gladys Knight has an awesome gift. I think it’s so wonderful that she gives of her time to travel the country to bear testimony in music and word. After they left Columbia that night, they traveled to Charleston for two shows there the next day. The members of the choir pay for everything themselves, and it so cool to see the different ethnicity's of everyone in the choir. They shared songs from their own cultures that centered on the Savior. How great is that? Here is the link to her website if their website if you want to check in out! www.suvchoir.org/
Friday, March 27, 2009
Gladys Knight Fireside
Posted by Christina at 9:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wasn't it unbelievable?!?! I LOVED it!!!! So much!!
And I got to touch her hand. :-D
It was amazing, she was amazing, her choir was, and her husband was too.
By the way, there is going to be a food storage giveaway on my blog Monday! :)
Post a Comment