Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Baby Changes Everything


It all started last Saturday when I woke up with my water broke at 2:30am! Casey immediately called the doctor (midwife.) I wasn’t having contractions, so she said that I could stay at home until contractions started, if I wanted to. Well, at about noon, contractions still didn’t start, so my midwife said to come in because my water shouldn’t be broken for more than 12 hours before contractions start. Well, we went into the hospital, and she did not just one test, but four tests to check for amniotic fluid. Well, there wasn’t any!!!! OH MY HECK!! We were so surprised, and disappointed. What had happened was that my amniotic sack sealed itself back up! I was only dilated to a 1 and I was 50% effaced. Well, we went home and I expected to be pregnant for, like, five more weeks! The next morning I woke up to my water breaking again, and with contractions. They were not consistent at all, though. They were consistent enough for me to stay home from church, but Casey went. After sacrament meeting, he was kicked out because he told one of our friends that I was having contractions. She made him go home. Hehe Well, that night, they started getting more consistent, with 10 minutes in between. They stayed that way all night, and then our midwife said to come in at 8:30 Monday morning so she could check what was up. Well, we headed over there, and in the car, my contractions REALLY started!! I was contracting really well, and painfully! I swear that all of the truck drivers were looking at me!! I didn’t even care! We got to the office, and my contractions were about 3 minutes in between. My water was breaking everywhere, and I was on the floor on all fours contracting! My midwife examined me, and I was 7 cm dilated and 100% effaced!! When did that happen?! She sent me right to the hospital, which is right across the street. We went and were already registered from Saturday, so that worked out well! I was in transition when I got to the hospital. Casey and I were concerned because our midwife got off call at 5:00pm, and we SOO wanted her to deliver the baby. Well, we got there about 10:00am, and I was in labor for a while. At about 2:15, it was time to push!!! I pushed about 3 times, and then Suzan (our midwife) told Casey to get suited up to catch the baby! Then all of a sudden, I had to push again, and the next thing I know, I see baby Stella on the bed! She came out so fast that no one was even able to catch her! It was so awesome and crazy!! I just remember looking down at her on the bed! I couldn’t believe it! We had a baby!! We were both just crying!! Heavenly Father is SOOOOO GOOD!!! She was crying and right when they laid her on my chest, she stopped! It was amazing! She is our baby!! After that, everyone left the room to let us have private time as a new family. That was one of Casey’s favorite parts because after all the craziness of day, he felt the Spirit so strong just watching his girls sleep. We had such an AWESOME time. It so true what they say... I’m already forgetting about the pain of labor! It is just surreal being parents!!! Motherhood is even better, (and more challenging) than I had ever imagined!! I just love it, and I know Casey loves being a daddy. I can NOT believe that she is already one week old!! Crazy! When I listen to country songs about kids growing up, I start to cry because I now it’s all going to go so fast!! Well, here are pictures and a video of the last week. Remember to pause the music at the bottom of the page. We are such proud parents! We thank Heavenly Father everyday for our little girl and for our forever family!

9 comments:

Mary R said...

Congrats Christina!! Stella is so precious! Can't wait to see you all!!

Carrie Maseda said...

Adorable!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!!!!!!!

yaya said...

OH MY HECK! You crack me up! I've never had anyone say they had an awesome time having a baby! She's adorable! Her little face is so serious in that video. I wonder what she was thinking? Well, congrats you guys, we're really happy for you and wish all of you health, happiness and an "awesome" time forever!

Laura said...

Congratulations! Stella is beautiful! I am so happy for you guys!

I am LoW said...

Awesome!! Sounds like you are made to birth babies!! :-) What an amazing first experience!!

Ellison Family said...

She is so cute. I just barely sent you a message asking for details. Guess I should have checked out your blog first.

EJNielsen said...

Congrats and welcome to parenthood! It is hard but so worth it.

Pearl said...

What a Gorgeous little girl. I am so happy for you. You've had to wait such a long time and it was so frustrating and heartbreaking. Now that has ended with this beautiful child. It was fun to read about the birth which was exciting and "awesome". It was fun to see the Crawfords, Amy, and , of course, Sister Sandy. What a lovely video. Love to all.

Erin said...

Wow, congrats guys! She is beautiful!!! I'm sure you two are making the greatest parents ever. Stella is a lucky little girl!