Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's Official


As many of you know, Casey and I have been blessed to have the opportunity to work at the Columbia SC Temple for almost three years now. What a WONDERFUL experience we have had working there! We started working there when we were about 4 years into our marriage, and a baby wasn’t coming. I felt hopeless and full of despair. I thought that working at the temple may give me more of a purpose in life. Boy did it ever!! We worked about twice every month, and I learned so much about the Lord’s plan for His children. I think my testimony has grown 100 times since working there. Not only did we learn SO MUCH, but we made so many friendships with the people we worked with. We were always the youngest ones working with people who were around our grandparent’s age for the most part, but they made us feel so special. I love older people because you can be yourself around them, and they will love you no matter what. We will miss them so much, but we have a goal of continuing to go every month, as we did before we were called to work at the temple. It was so bittersweet leaving, but how wonderful it is in life when you have the experience to leave something great, for something even better. Working at the temple was one of the choicest experiences of our lives, and I know parenthood is the next choice experience in our lives. It’s crazy to think that when we started being temple workers, we were full of uncertainty in our life. Now after serving at the temple, we are full of joy, and have immense humility to Heavenly Father for sending our little one to us. Yesterday my friend said to me that in her opinion, the miracle of our little girl is no smaller a miracle than the parting of the red sea. How right she is.

3 comments:

yaya said...

Now on to the biggest calling in life ever! Next time you serve as a temple worker, your kiddos will be grown and you'll be the grandparents serving there! Glad you had that special time to serve.

EJNielsen said...

Wow I didn't know you guys were Temple workers! I did that too just after my mission. It was the best calling ever! I still visit with the people I worked with when I go to the Temple. There's a special bond that you'll always have with them because of where you worked.

Amy and Craig said...

you guys are my heros! I'm so lucky to know you both (all) and so glad that you live so close!