I've been debating recently on whether I should make the blog private, or not. Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions, or advice?
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've been debating recently on whether I should make the blog private, or not. Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions, or advice?
Posted by Christina at 1:04 PM
6 comments:
It is so nice to have mine private, everyonce in a while I would get creepy messages from random strangers, so I knew that my friends and family weren't the only ones reading it! It is also nice to have it public, because old friends can find you that way on the blogging world. Also you'll notice that it doens't get read as much because a lot of people don't like signing in or don't have a sign in. There are both good and bad!
I have mixed emotions about it too! I like the fact that any of my friends can go and just check it! Eric recently asked me to consider going private, it scares him a bit that he can just google us and my blog comes up and anyone can read about our lives! Kinda scary, especially with little ones. So, I'm right there with ya....still not sure yet!
I'm in the same boat. I know there are people who only check our page once a month that don't have my email address so they would no longer be able to view our page. But I do worry about the wrong people seeing the boys. I've heard of people putting "watermarks" on their pics so others can't copy them. My cousin also keeps their info generic so others don't know location, names etc.
Back and forth I go... where I end up... who knows?! ;)
Just be sure I'm invited. ;-)
I am semi-public. I have my blog set where you can't find my blog through a google search, and when I leave a comment on someone's blog, you can't link back to mine. I would suggest changing your settings, because you have sweet Stella to protect. :)
i didn't link my to my myspace or facebook account. i feel good about it.
Post a Comment