Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our New Addition


Well, after 5 1/2 years of trying, crying, praying, begging, fasting, and paying to get pregnant....WE FINALLY ARE!! We are still so shocked by it all! We were in the middle of infertility treatment (paying 1000 dollars a month) and were about to move onto another treatment. We also had our adoption paperwork almost completely finished (paperwork is the labor part for adoptive mothers) when all of a sudden, I was late. I am never late! I thought I would take a prego test just for the heck of it, and all of a sudden....there was a plus sign. I didn't know what that meant because I lost the directions to the pregancy test, so I woke up Casey at 6:30 in the morning, and asked him what to do. We calmed ourselves down so that we would not be totally crushed when we had the negative result from the test that I ran to the store to get. Thank goodness there is an Ingles open 24 hours right by our house. Well, the test came back positive. Then I went to the doctor, and the same result. Yep, I took three pregnancy tests in one day. We could not believe it! We are sooo grateful for our little one!! We love him or her so much! We are so grateful for family and friends who supported us through this struggle. My patience has grown 100 fold through this, which I will need everyday when I have kids running around. We are most especially grateful for our Savior who took on all of our sorrows. Just think..he felt the pain of every woman and man who were never able to bear children in this life. How amazing is that!? I do not completely understand it, but I am grateful that He never leaves us alone, even when it may seem that everyone else does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Casey & Christina~

We are sooo happy for you both! I know this hasn't been an easy road for either one of you. In fact, a lot of trying times and searching for the answer for why it wasn't happening. I stronly believe God has a plan and well here it is...:)

Your pic is great and you both have the "pregnancy glow"!
And your blog was very touching as I know we've talked over the years as I tried to be encouraging and offer advice but I guess I didn't realize the extent of your emotions through all of this. I have to admit while reading I shed a few tears, of pure happiness, for you both! Just you wait until you hold YOUR baby in your arms for the first time-it's like nothing we can explain besides the best feeling in the world! Triple the feelings/ emotion of the ultrasound :)Can't wait to see you (and baby!)
If you need anything, anything at all please let us know.
Congrats and we love you both dearly! ~The Stidham Family AKA-sis, brother-in-law and nieces who all miss you very much.

Christina said...

Thanks Stacy~ That was really sweet of you. We miss you guys, too! We can't wait to see our nieces at Christmas.