Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our Fur Babies

“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”
~Josh Billings

We love our puppies. When Casey and I got engaged, the first thing we did was get baby Cookie at the pound. She has been in our family since 2002. That's a long time! She had worms so bad that she couldn't walk! She was luckily living with Casey, so he took care of that, thank goodness. After we got married, Cookie hated me. She did not want to share her daddy with me, which I understand. I want Casey all to myself, too! :) She got better and tolerated me, but since about 2 years ago, we have really gotten along. She is a "daddy's girl," but she loves her mama, too.


We got Cocoa in 2005 from a pound in Augusta, GA. I found him on Petfinder.com. He was two hours away from us. Well, I asked Casey if we could get another dog, and he said sarcastically, "Yeah Christina, get another dog," so I did. I drove by myself to get him. When I saw him, I started crying, and I think the people at the pound thought I was crazy. It's funny because I feel bad for going against Casey's wishes, but Cocoa is my sweetie. Casey said that he's glad I went, too. Cocoa sure is a lap dog. He is a "mama's boy", but he loves his daddy, too.


Both our dogs are sweeties. I know it may sound strange, but they have been so comforting in many difficult times. I am grateful for them. I love those pups.

1 comments:

Carrie Maseda said...

I totally understand; my sweet Sandy was my only baby for a while and my constant companion when Rich would go on his patrols when he was in the Navy. I couldn't have gotten through many hard times without that big ol' pooch by my side! :)