Monday, October 27, 2008

The Baby at 15 Weeks

This week the baby is 4-4 1/2 inches long, from crown to rump. That is about the size of a softball! Did you know that the baby may be sucking its thumb?! That is SOOO cute! I had my first "real" pre-natal exam last Wednesday. It went pretty well. We were able to hear the babies heart beat, which is always amazing! The Nurse Practitioner said that it sounded great. She guessed that the baby is a boy, and she said that she is right 50% of the time. Hahaha! We will be delivering at the Village at Pelham, which is a brand new facility that is closer to us. We are excited about that, but if any problems should arise, (which hopefully they won't) I will need to deliver at the main hospital because they have a NICU there. Speaking of problems, my blood pressure was up again. I really need to bring that down so that I don't have to be put on bed rest. I have another blood pressure check this Friday. Hopefully it will be normal. I also found out that I need to change my sleeping position! I can't lay on my belly anymore, which is how I have slept for as long as I can remember. I also can't sleep on my back, which is my second favorite way to sleep. It has been a rough couple nights because I can only sleep on my sides, but I will get used to it! My friend, Amy, said told me to put a pillow between my legs, and that definitely makes sleeping better. All these changes just get me even more excited to be pregnant. I can not wait to meet the baby in April!

3 comments:

The Neales said...

OH mannn, I hear you on the sleeping positions! I really can't wait to sleep on my back again soon! I have found that sleeping on the couch is the best for me..it provides support for your back and then you can use pillows for the front. It has helped me a little for sleeping.. Yay for 15 weeks!

Sarah and Whitley said...

Christina,
I wish I could say the sleeping thing gets better, but it doesn't. I used the Boppy body pillow when I was pregnant. It's big enough to fit between your legs and have enough pillow left over for your head and belly. By the end of my pregnancy, I was using tons of pillows, so just get ready. It's all worth it.

Carrie Maseda said...

She is right; a pillow helps so much!