Monday, December 20, 2010

Stella at 20 Months

Stella has developed so much in the past couple months. She’s responding to people and to her environment so differently now. It’s like she’s a little girl and not a little baby anymore. Watching her grow is the greatest joy.

At 20 months she:

~Has just learned how to use “No!” I asked her to help me make the bed this morning, and she said, “No!” She never said it so distinctively before! I had to turn away and laugh.

~Is ready for a little sibling.

~Is an artist. She wants to draw or color anywhere (including our walls) and anytime.

~Got her first hair cut! She did really great! I think she was kind of scared. I just wanted to even out the mullet a little bit.

~Is learning how to count from 1-5.

~Can play "Ring Around the Rosie" for hours on end.

~Loves being naked. When we’re at home she takes off all her clothes.

~Is still going through the “hitting” stage. It is stressful! In fact last week in nursery she was hitting AND pulling hair!! When will this stage end?!

~Is being potty trained, and she’s doing really well at it.

~Whenever she sees someone sleeping she says, “Shhhh.” We were looking at a book, and it had a cute little Asian baby in it. The baby was smiling and because of how his eyes were shaped Stella thought the baby was sleeping. She said, “Shhh!”

~Loves the Christmas decorations and is real good with them. Only one decoration broke. She leaves the ornaments alone, too.

~Runs really fast.

~When I (or someone else) gets hurt, she always comes up to me, tilts her head, and says, "You ok?" with a real concerned look on her face.
This has been the best Christmas season ever because of Stella. Just having the opportunity to experience Christmas through her eyes is such a blessing. Teaching her about baby Jesus has been awesome!



At Chuck E. Cheese's for "Daddy/Daughter Date Night"

First Hair Cut (Doesn't she look scared?)

1 comments:

Stacy said...

I love watching her grow up. You've got yourself such a great piece of heaven! I'm glad we get to see you soon.