Friday, December 3, 2010

Fall Family Camping Trip

A couple weekends ago we went on our fall family camping trip. It was such a fun experience! We went to Amicalola Falls State Park in northern Georgia. We hiked five miles to Len Foote Hike Inn. Stella rode on Casey's back for most of the hike, but she walked a little bit, too. She did so well. She did better than Casey and me! That inn was beautiful! The only way to get there is to hike in. We know there’s a service road somewhere for the employees, but it was hidden super well! We didn't see it. They fed us in a family style dining room. We listened to stories and songs, then we we went to bed early because we were exhausted! The next morning we hiked five miles back to the car. We looked at Amicalola Falls, which is the highest waterfall east of the Mississippi. We arrived home Saturday afternoon. The best part was spending time with the family I love. We weren’t allowed to bring cell phones, so it was just us! I want to go there again for our winter family camping trip.


Almost there!

Stella fell asleep on the hike.
At the Inn
Back at the car. We made it!

2 comments:

Amanda Larsen said...

How fun!! I love Stella's pink jacket! I thought it was so cool you had to hike to the Inn as well! Miss you guys! XOXO

Danni said...

Thats such a cool thing to do! I think Eric would love that, especially since I've kinda turned into a whimp when it comes to camping!