Friday, May 28, 2010

Multi-Cultural Fireside

A few Sundays ago we had an opportunity to go to a multi-cultural fireside that was done at our stake center by a group called Remembering our Culture (ROC.) It was awesome! The group of students who put in on traveled here from Utah. They were from different cultural groups like Asian, Native American, Polynesian, Hispanic, African, and as the presenter said there was one student from the "other Asian group"….Caucasian. That was funny. They bore testimony, and sang very soulful music. They kind of danced a bit, too. It was really full of the Spirit. I actually was only able to sit through about five minutes of it because Stella didn’t want to sit. We expect her to sit through Sacrament Meeting, but the rest of the meetings we kind of let her go because she’s a little, spunky toddler. I was able to listen to most of it while I walked through the whole stake building with her. Afterwards we were able to talk a bit with some of the students who performed. They are such valiant young people. There was even a girl in ROC from our stake. I remembered her because she was in youth when I was a leader. The fireside was a very cool experience.

0 comments: