Two weeks ago I went with my pal Mandy to our ward’s Relief Society activity called “The Five Little Piggies.” We had a blast! I also learned tons, and we ate very well. Fun+Learning+Good Food= Happy! Casey was so sweet to take Stella to her swim lesson, and even though I missed them I knew I was were I was supposed to be. I’m so glad I went. Mandy was one of my young women, and if any of you have been in the youth program you might feel like me when I say, "Once my young woman, always my young woman." Now that she’s all grown and an adult we have become good friends. I do have to say that I still have a bit of a mother hen thing going on with her, but I don’t think that will ever change with any of my yw. Anyway I wanted to share some of the things I learned from the fine women who taught the classes at the activity.
“This little piggy went to market.”
My friend Paula taught us about couponing. I am so down with couponing, but it’s always great to learn something new! We mostly eat organic food, so couponing can be different with that, but there are similarities. As many of us don’t shop on Sundays she suggested making a deal with a store (she uses Walgreens) to buy a certain amount of Sunday newspapers on Monday, and they will put them aside for you. Also Publix doubles coupons, and sometimes even triples coupons. I need to learn more about that! Here are some websites to check out if you’re interested:
http://www.organicfoodcoupons.com/
http://www.southernsavers.com/
http://www.smartshoppingladies.com/
http://www.couponbug.com/
“This little piggy stayed home.”
Brittany, taught a design on a dime class. I went ahead and scanned the pamphlet for you to look at. It has a lot of cute ideas! I felt ready to re-decorate my house after that class (and remember you can click on the images to make them bigger.)
“This little piggy went to market.”
My friend Paula taught us about couponing. I am so down with couponing, but it’s always great to learn something new! We mostly eat organic food, so couponing can be different with that, but there are similarities. As many of us don’t shop on Sundays she suggested making a deal with a store (she uses Walgreens) to buy a certain amount of Sunday newspapers on Monday, and they will put them aside for you. Also Publix doubles coupons, and sometimes even triples coupons. I need to learn more about that! Here are some websites to check out if you’re interested:
http://www.organicfoodcoupons.com/
http://www.southernsavers.com/
http://www.smartshoppingladies.com/
http://www.couponbug.com/
“This little piggy stayed home.”
Brittany, taught a design on a dime class. I went ahead and scanned the pamphlet for you to look at. It has a lot of cute ideas! I felt ready to re-decorate my house after that class (and remember you can click on the images to make them bigger.)



“This little piggy had roast beef.”
Shannon taught about easy, and quick meals. We also were able to sample the food. She’s a great cook! Again I went ahead and scanned the pamphlet for you to look at.








“This little piggy had none.”
Jeanne taught about how we can avoid having “none” by packing our church bags well. My church bag is always stuffed to the brim on Sundays. She gave me more great ideas to keep Stella spiritually entertained during church. (Yes that’s right..spiritually entertained. I made that phrase up all by myself.)
“This little piggy went wee, wee, wee all the way home.”
I’m not sure, but I think this part was the closing of the activity, and then we all went home!
What a great night! Thanks to all who put so much effort into it!
4 comments:
Sounds like you have a great ward!! Feel free to pass those church bags along my way!!
I had a bit of catching up to do with your blog. Stella is such a doll baby and she seems so good too! Lucky you! Hey, I'm the new (used to be Homemaking, now just Relief Society meeting)counselor. I love getting some new ideas and I'm actually doing one on quick meals and meal planning so thanks for the recipes!
What a fun event! You totally made me want to be there! Thanks for the coupon links. I'm just starting and need all the advice I can get.
Hey Julie! We actually didn't make church bags, but we just talked about different items that would be good to have in them. :)
Post a Comment