Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hiking and Snow (again?!)


So remember how I blogged about it being the first and probably last snow of the year? Well, just kidding! A couple weeks ago Casey went camping with the Young Men and it was definitely winter camping. Stella, my friend Linnea, and I met up with them Friday to bring them pizza before they left to go back home. It was FREEZING!! Seriously! I thought so, and I’m from Ohio, so I know freezing! After that we went on a hike, and headed home. We (Casey, Stella, Linnea, and I) met Linnea’s hubby Jon for lunch. Towards the end we looked out the window and it was snowing big flakes! We headed to get groceries just in case we were snowed in on Saturday. When we went into Earth Fare it was normal looking outside, but when we got out it was completely white outside! It was so crazy looking! Savannah even received snow! That next day we went out to play with Stella in the snow. She kind of hated it. We made a snow man as you can see in the pictures. I thought that might be the last snow, but it did snow a bit last night when I was visiting teaching. I really do think that was the last snow of the year, but who knows. The weather sure has been crazy this year!

3 comments:

lindaharper said...

I love the pictures of your snowman! Stella is so cute! We are maybe going to get more snow on Tuesday so you may have to write more! I remember we've had some the middle of March in the past.

yaya said...

I would love the feel a bit sorry for you but I just can't! It was one of the snowiest Feb. on record here. I do hope it's over for us, but I doubt it. This weekend is suppose to be really nice and sunny so I hope all the snow melts! Can you tell I'm ready for spring???

Amy and Craig said...

I'm sure it's my fault you had such a crummy winter. It's just to ease the pain of me having to leave South Carolina!