We had a blast in San Diego! It went so fast! I was so scared to go, but it all worked out very well. We went out early morning Friday and landed in San Diego at about 10:18am. I haven’t seen Manda for about a year, so it was wonderful to see her again! I never met Jake so I was anxious to see if I approved or not. Well, let me tell you that boy loves Amanda! It was so obvious. They reminded me of Casey and myself when we were engaged. Needless to say I totally approved of Jake! I can’t wait for him to meet Casey someday because they would get along so well. We enjoyed our Friday with them which included getting a Jamba Juice for the first time, getting a manicure, and eating at "In and Out" for the first time, too. Loved it! Stella and I slept so well that night. On Saturday (the big day!) it was a little crazy in the morning as you can imagine! Finally we got to the temple, and I was doing good not to cry, but then I was walking in the parking lot holding Amanda dress. I started the water works! They continued for about three hours! The wedding was amazing! The happiness that I felt was indescribable! Stella had fun with her new little friends (Amanda’s nieces) while I was in the temple. We ended the evening with a dinner all together. It was fabulous! Stella and I headed home early Sunday morning (we were totally bummed to miss church!) It was nice to get home and see Casey again. We missed him SO MUCH that I cried when I saw him!
I thought I was just going out there to see Amanda and Jake get married, but I soon discovered that I needed this trip for so many reasons. Many of the reasons are personal, but one of the reasons was for me to have a renewed optimism in the human spirit. You always hear on the news the horrible things that people are doing, but I’m telling you that I have not seen so much kindness in such a short amount of time for a while. I can’t describe all of the kind things others did for me and for my Stella, but I’m going to name a few here, so…
30 Acts of Kindness in 3 Days:
1-My husband drove Stella and me to the airport way early in the morning.
2- Another passenger traded seats with me on the way to San Diego, so that I would have an aisle seat.
3-That same passenger held Stella (of course right where I could see her) while we were flying.
4-A whole group of people informed me that I can go to the front of the boarding line because I have a baby.
5- A stewardess on the plane gave me extra snacks for Stella.
6-That same stewardess walked with Stella in the plane and held her for a while, so that we could both have a break.
7-Amanda and Jake picked us up from the airport.
8-Amanda and Jake paid for my Jamba Juice.
9-Amanda and Jake paid for my manicure.
10- EVERYONE waved to, and everyone was so sweet to Stella.
11- Jen (Amanda’s sister-in-law) watched Stella as I was in the temple.
12- A lot of people helped me to pack my bags in the car.
13- Amanda’s other sister-in-law, Liz, helped me to know what to do as Amanda’s escort (helper) while in the temple.
14-Amanda and Jake’s friend, Brian, helped carry Stella’s car seat out to the car even though it was raining cats and dogs outside!
15-It was raining so bad, so Amanda’s friend Sheralyn let me borrow her coat so we wouldn’t get soaked.
14- Sheralyn also hooked us up with lodging with her at her friend’s house in Murietta, CA.
15 – Her friend Jolynn allowed us to stay at her house.
16- Jolynn made us breakfast right before we had to leave at about 5:30am the next day.
17- Jolynn packed us snacks for the trip.
18- Jolynn's husband and Sheralyn drove us back to the airport that morning. The airport is about one hour away from their house.
19-Sheralyn came with me into the airport to help carry my luggage.
20-A woman on the plane changed seats with me again so that I could be in the aisle.
21-That same woman let me use her food tray to put my food, drink, etc. on.
22- A lady from Wichita asked me how old Stella was, and I told her, “11 months today!” She said, “Oh it’s my birthday, too! I don’t know anyone else with my same birthday!” So she said, “Here.” and gave Stella $5 dollars! I told her "Oh no... that’s o.k.," but she said she wanted to. How nice is that?! We’re putting it into Stella’s savings.
23- Throughout the trip people held Stella (of course where I could keep an eye on her, ) so that I could get a bit of a break, and so Stella could get a little change in scenery.
24-Everyone was totally cool and flexible with me nursing Stella.
25- A man traded seats with my on the plane because we needed an extra oxygen mask for Stella.
26-Another passenger on the plane on the way back to Charlotte asked me if I needed any help, and she told me to let her know if I did.
27-A man on the plane sitting next to me let Stella play with his visor and phone.
28-That same man let me use his food tray for my drink.
29- He also gave Stella his snacks that the stewardess gave him.
30- When Casey picked us up he brought snacks for me and Stella.
I thought I was just going out there to see Amanda and Jake get married, but I soon discovered that I needed this trip for so many reasons. Many of the reasons are personal, but one of the reasons was for me to have a renewed optimism in the human spirit. You always hear on the news the horrible things that people are doing, but I’m telling you that I have not seen so much kindness in such a short amount of time for a while. I can’t describe all of the kind things others did for me and for my Stella, but I’m going to name a few here, so…
30 Acts of Kindness in 3 Days:
1-My husband drove Stella and me to the airport way early in the morning.
2- Another passenger traded seats with me on the way to San Diego, so that I would have an aisle seat.
3-That same passenger held Stella (of course right where I could see her) while we were flying.
4-A whole group of people informed me that I can go to the front of the boarding line because I have a baby.
5- A stewardess on the plane gave me extra snacks for Stella.
6-That same stewardess walked with Stella in the plane and held her for a while, so that we could both have a break.
7-Amanda and Jake picked us up from the airport.
8-Amanda and Jake paid for my Jamba Juice.
9-Amanda and Jake paid for my manicure.
10- EVERYONE waved to, and everyone was so sweet to Stella.
11- Jen (Amanda’s sister-in-law) watched Stella as I was in the temple.
12- A lot of people helped me to pack my bags in the car.
13- Amanda’s other sister-in-law, Liz, helped me to know what to do as Amanda’s escort (helper) while in the temple.
14-Amanda and Jake’s friend, Brian, helped carry Stella’s car seat out to the car even though it was raining cats and dogs outside!
15-It was raining so bad, so Amanda’s friend Sheralyn let me borrow her coat so we wouldn’t get soaked.
14- Sheralyn also hooked us up with lodging with her at her friend’s house in Murietta, CA.
15 – Her friend Jolynn allowed us to stay at her house.
16- Jolynn made us breakfast right before we had to leave at about 5:30am the next day.
17- Jolynn packed us snacks for the trip.
18- Jolynn's husband and Sheralyn drove us back to the airport that morning. The airport is about one hour away from their house.
19-Sheralyn came with me into the airport to help carry my luggage.
20-A woman on the plane changed seats with me again so that I could be in the aisle.
21-That same woman let me use her food tray to put my food, drink, etc. on.
22- A lady from Wichita asked me how old Stella was, and I told her, “11 months today!” She said, “Oh it’s my birthday, too! I don’t know anyone else with my same birthday!” So she said, “Here.” and gave Stella $5 dollars! I told her "Oh no... that’s o.k.," but she said she wanted to. How nice is that?! We’re putting it into Stella’s savings.
23- Throughout the trip people held Stella (of course where I could keep an eye on her, ) so that I could get a bit of a break, and so Stella could get a little change in scenery.
24-Everyone was totally cool and flexible with me nursing Stella.
25- A man traded seats with my on the plane because we needed an extra oxygen mask for Stella.
26-Another passenger on the plane on the way back to Charlotte asked me if I needed any help, and she told me to let her know if I did.
27-A man on the plane sitting next to me let Stella play with his visor and phone.
28-That same man let me use his food tray for my drink.
29- He also gave Stella his snacks that the stewardess gave him.
30- When Casey picked us up he brought snacks for me and Stella.
I also want to add that this was almost all done without me asking for the help.
I know a missed a lot, but to all of you thank you so much!!!
I know a missed a lot, but to all of you thank you so much!!!



2 comments:
It sounds like a wonderful time and a great trip! I love the new top picture of little Stella. She was worth the wait!
Sweet post as usual! What a great trip. It's good to know that there are wonderful people everywhere. Atleast you know that if someone is holding Stella on a plane up in the air, they can't take her too far away! Glad you're home safe and sound!
Post a Comment