Sunday, February 14, 2010

San Diego Here we Come!

Jake and Amanda
Well, I have not yet announced on my blog that my best friend is getting married!! Yay!! Amanda is marrying her sweetheart, Jake, in the San Diego Temple. She’s waited quite some time to find her one true love. I am so proud of her! As we were getting a little older (notice the “little,” we are still WAY young, right?) I watched her continue to strive to be like the person she wants to marry. She never lowered her standards. She only raised them. She never settled for less than a forever marriage, and now she is going to have one. I AM SO HAPPY! I bought the ticket to go out to be at the wedding. It was a miracle that I found a flight at such a good price. Especially on this Valentine’s Day, I reflect on my own marriage for eternity, and how blessed I am for my eternal companion, and because of this companionship our daughter was born in the covenant, and we will have her forever if we live in a manner that is conducive to Heavenly Father’s plan.

San Diego Temple

2 comments:

Brey, Hillary, Leila & Lydia said...

when is the big day???

lindaharper said...

That is so cool that you can go! I think that temple is one of the most beautiful, like a castle. I'd love to see it up close and personal.