Our sweet little Stella was sick for the first time! It was awful! We know three other little girls who have been sick this week, too. The doctor said that it’s going around. Stella started getting sick on Monday. She was very lethargic. Then that night we took her temperature and it was around 103! I was kind of freaking out because a lot of the deaf people I know became deaf from a high fever when they were young. Although I love deaf people, their language, and culture, I want Stella to keep her hearing of course, so I slept in her room that night. It was a rough night. The next day her temperature went down a bit, but then after her nap it was back up to 103. I called the doctor, and they said that she really should be seen. He gave us an antibiotic to fill today if her fever hadn’t gone down, but luckily it did! Hooray for Tylenol! We are staying home all day just to be sure her temperature stays down, and to help her recuperate. Whew! I can breathe now!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
My Little Sickling
Posted by Christina at 12:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Poor Stella...and Momma and Pappa! I used to hate when my kiddos would get sick. It was the one thing that scared me the most about having babies. And I'm in the health care profession! Well, I'm glad she's better and hopefully will stay that way!
Post a Comment