Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Stella at SIX Months

Yes, you read it right! Our baby is SIX months old! Wow! I can NOT believe that I had her six months ago. It’s funny because it feels like it has gone by so fast, but at the same time it seems like I have known Stella forever (I think I may have!) Let’s describe Stella at six months.

~ She weighs 16 pounds 8 ounces, and she is 26.5 inches long.

~SITTING ALL BY HERSELF!

~smiley!

~loves to dance with Daddy and Mommy. She thinks it’s hilarious when we dance…, a lot of people do! hehe

~loves grabbing toys, and things that she’s not supposed to

~Her brown, red, and a little blonde hair is continuing to grow.

~ Her laugh is contagious.

~about to cut a tooth: Teething is miserable! I had to give her baby Orajel and Tylenol this morning.

~When she is crying, we show her the dogs, and she is fine. Giving her to her daddy also has this effect.

~She continues to nurse so well. She also likes to suck on some table food, but she is still pretty much breastfeeding exclusively.

~Still loves other people: We are waiting for the “I’m scared of everyone except Daddy and Mama” stage.

~She is mobile!

~ is a “chatty Cathy!”

~is wearing 3-6 month clothes now

We love her more and more each day! We went to the doctor's on Friday. He was very happy with her progress. She is in the 50th percentile for weight, and she is in the 75th percentile for height. She got her first vaccine since she left the hospital after she was born! I thought it was going to be horrible, but she didn’t even blink! No crying from my little pumpkin, so we were of course way happy about that! He said that since her weight is good we can go ahead with our plan of me nursing her exclusively for 8 months, and then introduce more food at the point. We are already giving her some food to try, but just a bit. We just need to keep an eye on her weight to make sure it continues to increase. We are definitely proud parents (like I needed to tell you that!) The video below is of Stella talking and laughing while watching Casey dance behind me.

1 comments:

Ellison Family said...

She is adorable, they grow so fast.