Remember how I told you that our Relief Society has been having a lot of different classes? Well this past week I learned all about apples at my friend (and our RS President) Linda’s house. I learned how to make applesauce, and I learned some things about apples. Did you know that the only apple native to the US is the crab apple? Also 7,500 different varieties of apples are grown throughout the world! I love apples. To me they mean fall (as in autumn) which has become my most favorite part of the year especially since living in upstate South Carolina. I added two items to my list of things I want to buy: a “Squeeze-O” and an apple peeler/corer/slicer. Those apple peeler/corer/slicer things are cool. There were about eight of us at the class, and we all worked as a team to make the applesauce. Stella had fun, too. The picture is of the applesauce that I helped make. Way yummy! Thursday, October 22, 2009
Apple Class
Remember how I told you that our Relief Society has been having a lot of different classes? Well this past week I learned all about apples at my friend (and our RS President) Linda’s house. I learned how to make applesauce, and I learned some things about apples. Did you know that the only apple native to the US is the crab apple? Also 7,500 different varieties of apples are grown throughout the world! I love apples. To me they mean fall (as in autumn) which has become my most favorite part of the year especially since living in upstate South Carolina. I added two items to my list of things I want to buy: a “Squeeze-O” and an apple peeler/corer/slicer. Those apple peeler/corer/slicer things are cool. There were about eight of us at the class, and we all worked as a team to make the applesauce. Stella had fun, too. The picture is of the applesauce that I helped make. Way yummy! Posted by Christina at 9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
The best thing about applesauce is that it is always different! Any combination of apples can change it. I love to make sauce in the middle of the winter with a few apples from the store. A Granny Smith, a Paula Red, maybe a Braeburn or 2, and something really red. I cook them all together and I don't peel them. When they are soft I just run them through the colander and that way the color is nice and pink. Love it! This year I made several gallons from the trees my dad planted. :D
Post a Comment