Thursday, October 1, 2009

Relief Society Broadcast

What a wonderful Relief Society Broadcast we had this past Saturday! We heard from the General RS Presidency, and from President Eyring, one of the members of the First Presidency of our Church. I loved all the talks! It seemed like the focus was on being proud of being a RS member, and of the legacy of the organization. The Relief Society is the largest woman’s organization in the world! Pretty awesome! The conference was broadcasted in 78 different languages, and it was broadcast to 175 different countries! That’s amazing! It was so cool because I just saw Sister Beck (who the picture is of) last month in real life, so to see her on screen, I felt like saying, “ Hey! I know her!” I do have to say that my favorite talk was from Sister Thompson, the second counselor in the RS presidency. One of my favorite things that she said was that there is nothing that can separate us from the love of Christ. What a comfort to know that truth.

0 comments: