Thursday, October 8, 2009

General Conference

I LOVED General Conference as usual! It really seemed to come at a time when I super needed it! We have a tradition of going to Rachel and Dave's house for conference. They are so good to us! They had a yummy lunch on Saturday with a whole smorgasbord of food, and on Sunday Rachel made crepes. You know how crepes are French? Well she’s French Canadian, so you know they were good! Oh man I loved ALL the talks! It’s so hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to I would say that it was President Uchtdorf’s talk. Here are some of my favorite points of his talk.

~Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, God loves us perfectly.

~For this is the love of God: that we keep His commandments.

~The first step to living a righteous life is to try.

~Love is the way of the disciple.

“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” ~John 13:34

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

I really liked Utchdorf's talk too! But you left out the 2nd part of a quote.

The first step is to try. The second step is to keep trying!