You tell me. Do you think s/he looks like a girl or a boy?
What an awesome experience we had with the ultrasound! It is absolutely AMAZING all that they can see! We saw just about everything in and on her little body. She even waved to us! She kept moving and rolling over. She seemed a little hyper. I don't know where in the world she would get the hyperness from!! hehe
It was amazing to see all of her little bones, especially her cute little ribs! We saw the blood pump in and out of her heart. We saw the umbilical cord, and the blood flowing in it, too! I knew that she was a girl even before the ultrasound technician told us. It was very clear that she was a girl. I'm sure in later years, she will really appreciate that I showed everyone her business! haha
Casey and I were hoping for a boy, but when we found it was a girl, a new excitement filled us. I have never seen Casey so excited in my whole life!! Not even on our wedding day (or night) was he this excited :)
He just kept talking, and talking, and talking. We just loved seeing everything. It was so incredible.
While I was there watching my daughter, it hit me. Casey and I have such a HUGE responsibility to raise a precious daughter of God. It reminds me of a quote, "Woman is God’s supreme creation. Only after the earth had been formed, after the day had been separated from the night, after the waters had been divided from the land, after vegetation and animal life had been created, and after man had been placed on the earth, was woman created; and only then was the work pronounced complete and good.
Of all the creations of the Almighty, there is none more beautiful, none more inspiring than a lovely daughter of God who walks in virtue with an understanding of why she should do so, who honors and respects her body as a thing sacred and divine, who cultivates her mind and constantly enlarges the horizon of her understanding, who nurtures her spirit with everlasting truth. God will hold us accountable if we neglect His daughters. He has given us a great and compelling trust. May we be faithful to that trust." ~ Gordon B. Hinckley
When I saw our little girl, I really realized how important it is to carry on our family heritage that my mother bestowed in me, and her mother in her, to love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. What a huge and intimidating responsibility He has given us. How grateful I am for our beautiful little girl. We love her so much!


6 comments:
Yay! A girl will be so much fun! Im so excited for ya'll!
I know I'm a little biased, but girls are just the greatest. I know the Casey will be the best daddy to a little girl b/c he just has the kindest heart. I'm still so excited for you guys...congrats again!
I am so happy for you guys!
Congrats you guys! That's so exciting. Yes it is a big job to raise children but it's sooo much fun and worth it! Best wishes!
Sister Hsu (Jessica Nielsen)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see her, and I can't wait to buy you some girlie outfits! :) She has to be stylin' and profilin' of course!
I remember feeling the same way with my little girl and feeling so blessed that Heavenly Father was willing to entrust her to me with all my faults and weaknesses he was still willing to send me one of His most precious treasures. I am so excited for you both. Little girls are fun!
Post a Comment