This past Wednesday was my 18 week appointment. It went really well! The hospital that I will be having the baby at is only about two months old, so it is way new. This is a picture of one of the delivery rooms. Isn't it nice?! The hospital is state-of-the-art. At the appointment, my blood pressure and weight were good. Also, last time they did a test, and said that I wasn't drinking enough water, but this time they said that everything was better, so I just need to continue drinking the same amount of water (or more.) I also had another hemoglobin test, and I got a flu shot. The flu shot hurt! Shots hurt way worse than getting your blood taken! Baby Stella's heart rate sounded really good. She is so cute! I am planning on having a natural childbirth, so I will be seeing the same midwife for every appointment, and she will more than likely be in the delivery room to "catch" the baby, too. :) That really is a comforting feeling to have a medical professional who knows you, be with you throughout the pregnancy. Casey and I also have to get signed up for birthing classes using the Bradley Method to help with the natural childbirth. The hospital offers free birthing classes, but we need to take different classes specific to our situation. Hopefully they won't cost too much!! Also, there are a few more things that need to be checked on at my next appointment, December 17, to find out if I physically am able to go natural, but if all those check out good, then I am good to go! I am pretty excited about everything! Many of my prayers have been answered, and how grateful I am for that!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
My 18 Week Appointment
Posted by Christina at 5:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
that is so exciting that you are planning a natural child birth! My friend christine had one on new years last year- she did bradley also- next pregnancy she has said she is doing it at home...
You are soooooo much braver than I am; I'm an epidural lady all the way! I had Braden natural, but only because he came too fast. The nurses were like, "You are so brave!" I quickly let them know that no, I was not brave, just a big chicken with a baby that was in too much of a rush to get here!
My sister was almost born in the car because she was in a huge rush to get here! My mom got to the hosptital at 10 minutes after the hour, and my sister was born at 12 minutes after the hour!! Whew! Needless to say, my mom had her naturally !
I have a friend who is having her baby at home this month! I am much too paranoid for that, but more power to her, totally! Women are so strong, no matter how they give birth! :)
Really i found this article more informative, thanks for sharing this article.
maxbet
Post a Comment