Friday, November 7, 2008

The Baby at 17 Weeks

I am at my 17th week now, so the baby's age is 15 weeks. The baby is 4 1/2-4 3/4 inches from crown-to-rump, which means s/he is the size of my outstretched hand. At this point, the baby is starting to accumulate fat. Casey and I both hope the baby is a little chubby. Chubby babies are SO CUTE!!!!! I hope the baby is just normal size when s/he is born, though, for obvious reasons. :) I learned an interesting fact this week. As you know, I don't drink tea or coffee. I found out that when someone drinks tea or coffee with meals, tannins in those beverages inhibit iron absorption by 75%! I'm glad I don't drink those beverages! Next Wednesday, we are hopefully going to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl, so I will post the answer as soon as we know!

5 comments:

Brey, Hillary, Leila & Lydia said...

Take a minute and fill this questionaire out.. you said something about you love/crave salt- that means boy..will you post the results before wednesday to see if they are correct.
http://www.childbirth.org/articles/boyorgirl.html
have fun, it just takes a minute.

I am LoW said...

I didn't know you had a blog?!?! Why've you been hiding it from me?! :-D I am glad I found it anyways. You are the cutest el' prego!

Ellison Family said...

I am soo super excited for you two. I can't imagine 2 better parents!!

Christina said...

O.k. Hillary, I took the quiz and it said we were having a girl, soooo we will see tomorrow! :)

Sarah and Whitley said...

Girl or boy? Girl or boy? Girl or boy?