Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Dearest Daddy

Casey is the best daddy in the world. He really is. I know this because of how my children love him. He goes out of his way to spend time with them and he has the patience of Job. He has fun with them, but also disciplines them when needs be. He is always working on keeping an open, communicative relationship with the children, as well. 

 Daddy got a new tractor wagon. 


This is Casey's beloved grandmother's rocking chair, so scenes like this are especially touching.

"As we take a long, hard look at the world today, it is becoming increasingly evident that Satan is working overtime to enslave the souls of men. His main target is the fundamental unit of society—the family.
During the past few decades, Satan has waged a vigorous campaign to belittle and demean this basic and most important of all organizations. His success is becoming increasingly evident—the grim facts are seen, reported, and heard about daily and involve the collapse of many family units. With the decay of the family, we see the terrible effects on our society—increased crime, behavior disorders, poverty, drug abuse, and the list continues to grow and grow.
It appears to me that the crosshairs of Satan’s scope are centered on husbands and fathers. Today’s media, for example, have been relentless in their attacks—ridiculing and demeaning husbands and fathers in their God-given roles." L. Tom Perry
I have seen this. I have seen what not having a father does to children and the lasting effect that it has in adulthood. I have also seen society continue to worsen it's attacks on men and fatherhood. I am so grateful for strong, masculine, men, fathers and husbands. Masculinity is not toxic, it is a God-given trait. I feel that as a woman, I have a sacred duty to protect, honor and cherish men and their roles as husbands/father from the constant ridicule of the world. Men and women have DIFFERENT roles, and I am grateful for the that. Our roles are equal but not the same. I am proud to be a women and I am proud to take part in all that entails, including femininity. I don't want to be a man, and I don't want men to be like women....I wasn't expecting to get so deep today! This is wholeheartedly what I believe and know, though.

0 comments: