The kids have joined 4H this year, and we are all really loving it. I was a Girl Scout my entire growing up and went all the way with it (even earning my Silver and Gold Awards,) so as soon as Stella was old enough, I put her right into Girl Scouts. Well, I quickly realized that not only had the program changed, but it was actually teaching many ideas that I did not agree with and that I did not want my daughter to learn, so after a year, we quit. It was such a difficult decision because really Girl Scouts was such a saving grace to me growing up. It's too bad they changed it so much. ANYWAYS, four years later, we moved to a little more land to homestead. Come to find out we are pretty clueless about agriculture! So we decided to enroll the kids in 4H so that they can learn about Agriculture and we could learn right along with them. Also, we could all do this together (not separating genders.)
This spring we are doing a Bee Keeping project and a Pullet Chain project, so we will be getting bees and chicks! We will definitely be learning hands-on. Casey and the oldest two are taking a beekeeping class right now. The bees come in April and the chicks come in May. We're excited! We have a lot of plans for our little land in the future.
Stella at a 4H Show
The kids with a baby Goat at our Local 4H Meeting
New Bee Keeping Outfits


0 comments:
Post a Comment