Monday, November 2, 2015

So....we had a baby!

Kalliope "Poppy" Sophia was born August 23 early in the morning. I woke up at 1:15am. I didn't yet have any contractions, but "stuff" was going on to know that she was coming! Casey immediately called the midwife and meanwhile I started having contractions. My midwife got there right away. I made it to the water this time and at 2:10am, our precious little Poppy arrived!! It is amazing how much you instantly love them so intensely!! I was so concerned that she was going to be a big 12 pound baby, but she was 8 pounds, 10 ounces, so that was a relief! She is just beyond adorable. She is such an amazingly sweet baby.





Stella holds her all the time! She's so excited about having the little sister that she prayed for.




She has a little outie!



Grady is doing better with Poppy!




This is how I change the babies. Surprisingly, Joey is doing just fine since Poppy's arrival.

Stella cross-stiched a little bib for Poppy.

 

3 comments:

selvageedge said...

I was wondering if we would be hearing from you on your blog again. She's a beautiful, precious baby. Thanks for sharing the pictures. :)

yaya said...

Congrats! I love the pics and I think Poppy is beautiful...and I love her Greek name! Perfect! Looks like you have lots of helpers and it also looks like you're going to need them! Your family is so sweet...enjoy!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, she is precious! Two of mine have outies, too. :) Your kids are so big! Stella's a little lady and Grady's not a baby anymore! We really miss you guys. A lot. I love the pictures and updates, so keep them coming. Because I know you have so much free time! :)