I was blessed to have the opportunity to go to Time Out for Women 2010. This was my fourth year going! Last year was my favorite because Stella was with me, but besides that this was my favorite year. I felt the Spirit so strongly and I was super emotional. I think it was because I usually get to chase Stella around and my mind is usually on what she's doing. This time since she had to stay home with Casey I just sat there and listened. I hope I get to chase kids around forever, but it was kind of nice to have a couple days just for me. The cool thing is that anything that helps me to improve, helps my family to improve. I knew I would go and come back a better mother. What I didn’t expect was to go and come back a better wife. It really helped me to realize how much I take Casey for granted, so for that I am especially grateful that I had two days to get away. The music, the talks, and the visuals were just awesome. Also one of the major highlights for me is spending time with dear friends. It’s awesome! Rachel even asked people to write to us and she read the writings out loud to all of us on Friday night. I got a letter from Casey, Stella, and from my friend, Danni. I cried so much because I was not expecting one from Danni. It was so kind of her. The one from Casey was very personal (later I found out that he actually didn’t know it was going to be read out loud which is funny.) I almost put Stella's in my shirt right by my heart for the whole weekend because I missed her so much. Oh and who do we sit behind...two babies! There were babies and pregnant women all over…as if I needed to be even MORE baby hungry! Another great thing was that some of my dearest friends from my previous ward were there, too! It was kind of great and a little weird to have both my ward friends there. It was like I was trapped in time or something. The main message I took away from this conference was to be grateful. I’m grateful to have had the respite of TOFW, and I’m grateful to all those who made it possible. I hope to live a little better to show Heavenly Father how grateful I am for His everyday blessings…especially the Gospel and my family.

This was Der, Lynne, and me on the trip. (Thanks Linda for driving!)
(Thanks Linda and Carrie for the pictures.)

3 comments:
Oh wow I would LOVE to go to something like that. Amazing.
did you see that 'nie nie' is thinking about joining for the 2011 curcuit? I'm totally thinking of going and getting a large group of sisters to go to cinncy next year.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, I soooo wanted to be there! I read that Stephanie Nielson is coming too! I hope she makes it to the Tennessee one, I think thats the closest to us next year!!
Post a Comment