This area has an awesome charity organization called "Let There Be Mom." If I had extra time in my schedule I would volunteer for it. What it does is it sends volunteers to go into the home of a mother or father who is terminally ill. The volunteers take care of cooking, cleaning, etc., so that the parent can spend the most quality time as possible with their family. LTBM also makes sure that the parent makes a tangible memento for their child/ren, so that they have something to touch and hold when they can’t touch or hold their parent anymore. I think it should be a national organization. I’m just tearing up typing about it. A few weeks back local area restaurants gave a portion of their sales to LTBM for that Thursday night. The event was called "Dine Out for Mom." We went and ate at Five Guys to help raise money. They’re having a Dine out for Mom next year too, so if you live in this area keep a look out for it. Sunday, November 14, 2010
Let There Be Mom
This area has an awesome charity organization called "Let There Be Mom." If I had extra time in my schedule I would volunteer for it. What it does is it sends volunteers to go into the home of a mother or father who is terminally ill. The volunteers take care of cooking, cleaning, etc., so that the parent can spend the most quality time as possible with their family. LTBM also makes sure that the parent makes a tangible memento for their child/ren, so that they have something to touch and hold when they can’t touch or hold their parent anymore. I think it should be a national organization. I’m just tearing up typing about it. A few weeks back local area restaurants gave a portion of their sales to LTBM for that Thursday night. The event was called "Dine Out for Mom." We went and ate at Five Guys to help raise money. They’re having a Dine out for Mom next year too, so if you live in this area keep a look out for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
This sounds like the best organization. How wonderful, but sad too. I can see why you'd want to help because you're one of the kindest people I know! Stella is getting so big and I think it's great that she can sign and will grow up with you as a teacher and the deaf community as her friends. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment