We are very blessed to have a deaf school right by us here in Spartanburg (South Carolina School for the Deaf and the Blind.) I really want to involve Stella in the deaf community as much as possible. She’s picking up signs so well, but I’m concerned she’s going to lose them when she starts speaking fluently. I want her to get involved with deaf people so she can use her signs, and so she can see the beauty of the deaf community. We went to a couple football games this fall at SCSDB. The first game we went to she barely used any of her signs. She kind of just stared at all of the people signing. It was a brand new experience for her. The second game we went to she signed a lot more, and didn’t stare as much. I would love for her to grow up around deaf people. It’s such a rich culture. It’s why I decided to go to school for interpreting. I LOVE it! SCSDB puts on so many activities that people from the community can go to. We’re planning on going to more activities this fall like basketball games, and they're putting on the musical "Swing" which should be fun. Thursday, November 11, 2010
Football Games at SCSDB
We are very blessed to have a deaf school right by us here in Spartanburg (South Carolina School for the Deaf and the Blind.) I really want to involve Stella in the deaf community as much as possible. She’s picking up signs so well, but I’m concerned she’s going to lose them when she starts speaking fluently. I want her to get involved with deaf people so she can use her signs, and so she can see the beauty of the deaf community. We went to a couple football games this fall at SCSDB. The first game we went to she barely used any of her signs. She kind of just stared at all of the people signing. It was a brand new experience for her. The second game we went to she signed a lot more, and didn’t stare as much. I would love for her to grow up around deaf people. It’s such a rich culture. It’s why I decided to go to school for interpreting. I LOVE it! SCSDB puts on so many activities that people from the community can go to. We’re planning on going to more activities this fall like basketball games, and they're putting on the musical "Swing" which should be fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment