Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I Feel I Should Tell You

I was debating whether or not to put this on the blog, but since it has been such a big event in our lives, and since it will have a big effect on our lives especially for the next few years, I decided that I should tell you that on Sunday my dear, sweet husband was set apart to be bishop of our ward. As you can imagine there are so many thoughts, and feelings concerning this that I think I will just leave it at that. A few things I am certain of though: we will be serving some of our favorite people. Our ward has been the most amazing, kind, and loving ward to us. I think Heavenly Father has just given us this opportunity to attempt to repay them, although I know we never will be able to. I'm grateful that we have this opportunity to grow spiritually as a family. The Gospel changes lives, and how grateful I am that Heavenly Father allowed little ol' me to be apart of it.

8 comments:

Laura said...

I got chills as I read this post. Casey- You will be an amazing bishop! Callings give us the opportunity to serve the Lord, by serving His children. What a blessing and learning experience!

Stacy said...

You know, we always knew you had it in you. Don't worry the Lord qualifies who he calls. I understand some of the overwhelming feelings you have, but as always the Lord helps the people He calls, when you rely on Him! We love you guys. Best of luck.

yaya said...

Wow!Wow!Wow! I can't imagine the crazy thoughts in your head now but I know the Lord will help you both with this calling. So I guess that means you're not moving closer to us? (sob) Christina that makes you the Momma of the Ward! Good luck guys and I'm sure if Kyle wrote the comment from the Crawford Family he would be saying:"Glad it's you pal, and not me!"

Ellison Family said...

Ohh I feel like a proud parent! Casey u r amazing and have been since the day I met you!! When the lord sent you to us he knew this day would come and that you would be prepared for it. You will be amazing I cannot think of a better stronger spiritual loving forgiving understanding man ( I could keep going you know:)) and Christina you will be amazing as well and the same goes for you the Lord was preparing you for this wonderful calling as well!! Love you guys and little Stella too!! Thanks for sharing the news with all of us.

Brey, Hillary, Leila & Lydia said...

Wow. We love and pray for you guys. I'm totally not surprised though. you are awesome.

DeEsta said...

Isn't it amazing how we are truely clay in the Lord's hands as he molds us into the children he know's we can be! I can just say "ditto" to everything that has been written already and feel privelaged to be able to rub shoulders with such great people. I thought I would share a quote that helped me when I was called to a calling I wasn't sure how I was going to fulfill...

"Be true to the Lord. He is your strength. He is your salvation. It is He who can bless you. It is He who desires to bless you. Look to Him for every gift & grace & blessing. Get on your knees & pray. Stand on your feet & do His will. Put your trust & faith in Him & God will bless you. I make that promise as His servant." - Pres. Gordan B. Hinckley

I am sure both of you feel quite a bit of weight on your shoulders, which is a very normal feeling. You and the people you serve will be greatly blessed and great things will happen! We love you!

Amanda Larsen said...

Way to go Casey! Woot woot!! You will be an amazing Bishop! You have a strong testimony,you love your family,you love people,and you have always been a great leader! Jacob and I are so excited for you,Christina,and Stella Bell! Many blessings to come!

Erin said...

Wow, that is awesome! I'm sure you are feeling so humbled by the call, but I know Casey will be an amazing bishop and that the Lord will bless you in amazing ways for serving. Christina, it's amazing to watch you progress in the gospel like you have. Who would have thought that way back when I first knocked on your door that you'd be a future bishops wife!! You are both powerhouses in the gospel and love you guys so much!