Monday, April 5, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

I know that it’s late. Easter has already come and gone, but first I have to tell you about our St. Patrick’s Day. See we moved here from Savannah which has the second largest St. Patrick’s Day celebration in the US. Although we only went downtown to check out the celebration one time (one time is more than enough for those of us who don't drink alcohol,) St. Patrick’s Day will always be celebrated with a little more gusto in the Eichhorn home. Did you know that sweet Stella was visited by a little leprechaun? She’s very special!

Look at the footprints that he left!

He left gold candy for Stella!


I wasn't sure how she was going to react to everything. She crawled in the kitchen and pointed right at a footprint. She said, "Who?" (or it sounded like that anyway.) She touched the footprints, too. I picked her up to the high chair to look at the candy. She picked one right up. She bit right through the gold foil! Don't worry, I hurried and got it out before she could swallow it. It was a cute Baby's First St. Patrick's Day.

2 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

so cute! lucky stella, I love those candies! miss you guys!

lindaharper said...

What an absolutely cute idea! Are the footprints still there?