Monday, July 14, 2014

Memorial Day

Well, the only picture I got during Memorial Day was this one, so you know we were just super busy having fun! We went to my friend Rebecca's house for a get together with a few other families. She lives on about 11 acres of land, so the kids just ran around all day. It was great! The food was, too.

Joey and his Friend Hanging Out


That week for school we read "Memorial Day Surprise." I always cry when veterans walk in parades and this whole book was about that, so, yeah, I cried when I read it! It's a good book. We also discussed why Memorial Day is celebrated. We also talked about who of our family and friends served in the military. Stella was so intrigued! It was really neat to see her reacting to what she was learning. I could tell that she was grateful for those who have sacrificed for us. I love that!

Thank you to all of those who have and who do serve our country so that we can have the freedoms we enjoy!

1 comments:

selvageedge said...

I think I was an adult before I knew what Memorial Day was all about. So glad that you are teaching your children well. :)