Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Conference at Virginia Beach

Stella is staying home for Kindergarten next year, so we went to a conference at Virginia Beach this year to learn more, to be uplifted & edified, and to make more connections. Well, right when we got into town, our car battery died! We counted our blessings though because it could have died anywhere between here and there. Anyway, the conference was absolutely amazing even though the whole time we were trying to figure out what to do with the van! I did have to miss a few classes while Casey took care of it, but I didn't miss too much. The most amazing part of the conference was the concluding speaker, JOHN BYTHEWAY!! Oh man, was he amazing!

We start Kindergarten in September. Stella and I are both very excited about it!
When our car battery died, it's like it zapped my phone battery, so these were the only pictures I was able to take. :/ Oh well, this was our view from the hotel. Beautiful, huh?!


Also that week before the conference, we studied the weather. Weather is very interesting for both of us. The tornado part of the lesson scared Stella, but I think she'll be okay. Tornadoes scare me, too! Our field trip that week was going to the conference which worked out well because we had all kinds of weather there! Probably that neatest part was when Casey and Stella went to a dance on the top floor of the hotel. There was a storm rolling in which they were able to watch from that great view.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Sound like you were well takin care of. Hope KD goes well at home. Can't wait to see you.

yaya said...

If I had kiddos in this day and age I'd home school. Good luck with this adventure! Virginia Beach looks like a lovely spot! I hate car issues far from home





selvageedge said...

Glad you got some good inspiration. You will be an awesome homeschool mom. You are great at enrichment lessons already!