Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bees

We learned about bees a few weeks ago. Pretty much our whole family is interested in bees. In fact, after Casey is released in a few years, we plan on starting to keep bees! Bees are crazy smart and amazing. Plus, we like honey!


We went to the Arboretum at Roper Mountain Science Center to see all that bees do!

 
Stella's little friend came, too.

Pollinator Garden

We had a good time, until it started pouring on us! I actually thought that part was a little fun, too, but the kids didn't!
Soaking Wet

I don't know if you can tell, but my hair was drenched!


3 comments:

selvageedge said...

I love that picture of you! Sounds like another fun trip. Have you ever read "The Secret Life of Bees"? Good book for you, not the kiddos.

JP said...

I was TOTALLY going to mention The Secret Life of Bees! I got beat. LOL.

yaya said...

The movie "The Secret Life Of Bees" is good too...although I enjoyed the book more! Jack wants to get bees..me? not so much! I love what they do..just don't want to "be" a "bee" keeper! I took my kids and their cousins to the Agricultural place in Wooster years ago and men had bees all over them..on purpose! Creeped me out!