This year we planted our garden much earlier than last year which has worked out so much better. Stella loves being in the garden and helping us. We planted another blueberry bush and a self-pollinating fruit tree. We’re learning more and more each year we garden. Next year we’re adding on one more blueberry bush, a blackberry bush, and another raised bed among other things. Today Casey canned pickles for the first time. We’re very excited about tasting them in a few weeks. Some things I learned this year: marigolds are good bug repellent, when you have small spaces cucumber bushes are better than the crawling type. We planted the type that crawls and they are taking over our garden! We love green beans and peppers, so we'll need to plant way more next year. I’m very grateful to have learned so much about gardening and self-reliance since living here. I’m grateful for all those who have taught me soo much! There is something good about being in the garden. I feel Heavenly Father there among His creations. We have a very long way to go to be self-reliant, but line upon line and maybe one day we’ll get there.
Friday, June 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
So cute, wish I had more of a green thumb! We were planning on a garden this year, but then I had a baby and then broke my foot, so again, next year! Yours looks great!
Post a Comment