Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Very Sad Day

I just found out today that my best friend, Amanda's, father passed away. I was in complete shock; I think she was still in shock, too. He is just about the same age as my parents which is really not old. I've only met him a few times in my life, but one thing I know is that his daughter loves him! She is a daddy's girl. I know he was and still is loved by his entire family. I don’t want to say too much or get into too much detail for privacy purposes, but I want you to know, Amanda, I love you. I wish I could be there…if there was any way possible for me to both feed my family and go up to the funeral, I would do it in a heartbeat. I will be there in heart and mind, though. I love that we’re best friends and that we share our lives together. We share the good and the bad. We will be praying for you, your dad, and your family. I will be thinking and worrying about you indefinitely. I do find comfort in knowing that Jacob is there with you and most of all I find comfort in knowing that Heavenly Father is there for you (and your family.) He will not fail you.

2 comments:

Amanda Larsen said...

Christina,
Thank you so much! I love you bunches and appreciate you being such an amzing friend to me.I wish we lived closer,but I know the next time I see you will be a reunion of lots of hugs!
Amanda

yaya said...

I haven't been by in a while..sorry to hear about your friend's Dad. I love the pic of Casey and Stella at the top of the blog. She's so cute and getting to be such a big girl! Hope all is going good for your family. Will you make it home for the holidays? If so, I hope to see you then!